WSRD Blaze Ignition System - Evo X
The idea behind this ignition system was simply this; no CDI Box, 100% plug and play with the factory harness, and increased spark energy for high power applications. This system can be used with both the stock ECU and an aftermarket standalone system. It adds a cylinder head ground, a battery ground, and a relay and fuse that can easily be mounted between the ECU location and power distribution block, as pictured.
We did all of the R&D for this system on a Evo X drag car built in early 2018. We started to experience ignition break up issues at around 900whp on the stock ignition setup and proceeded to build the ignition system you see here.
Spark plug gap with this ignition system should be .020 in.
Ignition Kit Contents:
- (1) WSRD Evo X Coil Plate
- (4) IGN1-A Ignition Coils
- (4) WSRD Spark Plug Wires
- (7) Stainless Steel Allen Head Bolts
- (3) 40mm Studs, (1) 50mm Stud, (4) Aluminum Spacers, (4) Nuts
- (2) Rubber Insulated "P" Clips
- (2) Replacement Bolts, (1) Nut and Bolt
- (1) Plug and play wiring harness, with tefzel insulated aerospace wire sleeved in DSG V25 for chemical, abrasion, and environmental protection.
Tools Required for Installation:
- (1) 4mm Allen Key Socket
- (1) 10mm 6 Point Socket or Wrench
For installation instructions, see the labeled eight picture sequence.
These are made to order, please allow 2-3 weeks for shipment.