With the new 2020 RR model, after dissecting the tune, its clear to see Can-Am used a different in house tuner to produce the calibrations, at minimum they took a different approach. So we went to work re-configuring the feel to be more natural and smooth. We felt the machine was overly aggressive, almost like a light switch. Applied all of our research and development from the previous years and produced a super powerful and fun tune for full enjoyment.
To recap what may already be known. The 2020 RR models have a larger turbo, larger exhaust manifold, bigger intercooler and fan (bent blade which is a lesser flowing fan than a straight blade), same fuel pump fuel pressure but larger injectors, higher pressure wastegate. Boost pressure requests over 20 PSI stock at some rpm and throttle position.
We increased boost pressure to 28 PSI of boost, dialed in the fueling as well as ignition timing, reworked how the ECU requests torque from the turbo and throttle, fixed some annoying cruising feel, and essentially made the machine make more power much quicker when the go pedal is pushed. With unbeatable reliability and customer service, you can be sure to have a safe, fun, powerful tune.
The Max Effort Upgrade takes the experience and performance to perfection. We work with each client to dial the machine in for maximum boost for the modifications and the fuel being used. This adds another level of performance for the guys who want to spend the time to get it dialed in for their exact machine. Each machine has slightly different fuel pressure, injector flow, conditions and fuel. We add a DynoJet Wideband into the system that datalogs along with all the other important ECU information that is sent to us via email. Revisions will be sent back and forth until the tune for your machine is perfected.
Most recently, RPM Powersports gave us the opportunity to test their new 3" Downpipe with E-Valve on one of our client's WS235RR Package and we couldn't be happier with the results. The WS235RR Package made 226HP on a conventional 2.5" downpipe exhaust system. With the RPM 3" E-Valve Downpipe closed we saw 230HP, an increase of roughly 4HP. With the 3" E-Valve open we saw a very impressive 234HP, another 4HP increase. Overall this downpipe netted us a total of 8HP increase over a standard 2.5" downpipe through the factory muffler system. Here are the latest dyno results on our Mainline Hub Dyno:
Power Output: (Conversion Factor of 15% - Wheel to Crank)
- Stock: 169.6 Wheel Horsepower (195.0 Crank Horsepower)
- WS235RR Max Effort Tune: 226HP
- These are E85 results on our Mainline Hub Dyno with a conventional 2.5" exhaust system
- WS235RR Max Effort Tune: 234HP | E85 & 207HP | 93 Octane
- These results, as mentioned, are on E85 and 93 octane. These too were performed on our Mainline Hub Dyno utilizing the RPM 3" Downpipe with E-Valve. These results are with the E-Valve open.
- Please adjust crack pressure to 14 PSI
- These Package results are supported by KWI Clutching - recommended clutch package listed below...
What's Included? (Package Essentials)
- WSRD WS235RR Calibration via DynoJet Power Vision
- DynoJet Power Vision Included
- Alternate Fuel MAP Available (Client Requested)
- ID 1050X Injector Set + PNP Adapters
- Rev-X Ethanol Tester
- WSRD T-Shirt/Sticker & WS210RR Sticker Swag Pack
Max Effort (ME) Edition - Upgrade:
- WS235RR-ME E85 Tune Upgrade
- 234 Wheel Horsepower (262 Crank Horsepower)
- DynoJet Wideband for AFR datalogging
- Custom datalog review and revisions for maximum performance.
- DF Mounting Arm - 2020
- WSRD Catch Can Kit
- Downpipes: (Can add second O2 bung for wideband install)
Clutching Options: (please select the additional link below to add your recommended clutching option)