Radium Evo X Fuel Pump Hanger
Tired of seeing cracks in your factory sending unit? We have experienced this all too often so all WSRD clients will likely be receiving this factory replacement option! With a few slight modifications to your existing fuel system this Radium billet top hat sending unit is problem solver. With factory sending unit prices roughly the same, if not more, than these Radium Kits, it doesn't make much sense to go any other route. Avoid buying a used sending unit that could also crack sooner, rather than later.
These slight modifications we mentioned are rather simple. With the elimination of the fuel pump sock inside the tank, you will be required to install a post sending unit, pre-injector, pre-filter, additional fittings will be supplied. We strongly recommend the listed Aeromotive 10 micron E85 safe AN fuel filter we supply. Other than the pre-filter install you will simply need to install the fuel pump(s) and configure the fuel level float.
These kits are configured from Radium to be set up as a single fuel pump sending unit but will include the fittings and components required to install a second AEM 320 or Walbro 450 if you choose to do so (pictured). Just simply choose the additional items below and we will ship you a nearly ready to install kit!
- The Radium Engineering fuel pump hanger allows the use of 1 or 2 aftermarket pumps in the stock Mitsubishi Evo X fuel tank. The machined assembly drops-in the factory fuel tank using the OEM hold-down flange. A single 8AN male pump feed port and 6AN male return port simplify aftermarket -AN hose plumbing. Electrical hardware is included for the fuel pump power, OEM level sender, and OEM temperature sensor.
- The custom designed stainless electrical studs easily handles the high current demand that compact bulkhead connectors lack. These serviceable connections are properly sealed and impervious to all standard and exotic fuels. The low profile design keeps all wiring tucked nicely underneath the OEM cover plate. Nylon acorn nuts are provided to prevent any accidental short circuits. Furthermore, the high quality in-tank wiring is insulated with chemically resistant PTFE.
- One major issues with the OEM EVO X fuel pump hanger is the restrictive return port and venturi jet pump. When using aftermarket high-flow fuel pumps, the OEM jet pump becomes too restrictive creating unwanted backpressure in the regulator return line causing excessive fuel rail pressure. The Radium fuel pump hanger includes Radium's own proprietary venturi jet pump with interchangeable orifices to minimize back pressure.
- The kit also includes a 2-piece anodized aluminum collector box that sits at the bottom of the OEM fuel tank. This container is NOT a total solution to fuel starvation, but does improve the fuel supply around the pump(s) inlet. There are two 1" ball check valves incorporated on the front and rear of the box that serves as trap doors keeping the pump(s) supplied with fuel during aggressive driving. Furthermore, all returning fuel from the pressure regulator return and the crossover hose enter the collector box keeping it full. The collector box also permits a mounting solution for the OEM fuel level and fuel temperature sensors. Also included are 2 mating connectors for the sensors making the kit easily serviceable.
Kit Contents: (when selecting sending unit only)
- Anodized Aluminum Mounting Plate
- Anodized Aluminum Collector Box and Check Valves
- Anodized Aluminum Venturi Jet Pump with Multiple Orifices
- Anodized Aluminum 8AN Male Pump Outlet Fitting
- Anodized Aluminum 6AN Male FPR Inlet Fitting
- Anodized Aluminum Fuel Level and Temp Sensor Bracket
- Anodized Aluminum Dual Pump Cradle
- Electrical Hardware for Fuel Pumps and OEM Sensors
- Fluorosilicone Duckbill Return Valve
- Submersible Rubber Fuel Hose
- Stainless Steel Hardware and Clamps